Why did Biden lie about THIS?
Biden said he knew nothing of security request for Libya
Sometimes we expect politicians to lie. We expect them to oversimplify problems, to use loaded language, and to skew numbers. Still, one area where we expect honesty is when it comes to the safety and security of all Americans, especially those serving abroad. So why did Biden lie when he was asked about the attacks in Benghazi last night?
Why did Biden lie about THIS?
This fib came out just hours after State Department security officials testified under oath at a special hearing in Congress that they made repeated requests for more security only to have those requests denied.
Eric Nordstrom, the top security official for the region complained, "All of us at the post were in sync that we wanted those resources.
Nordstrom said he was denied because Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb told him there would be too much political cost.
Then, to drive the point home, house Oversight Committee Chairman Darrel Issa (R-CA) released the cables containing those requests.
During the debate, Republican vice presidential hopeful Paul Ryan pointed out that the ambassador to France has a Marine detachment to oversee his personal security. Ambassador Chris Stevens, who was killed in Benghazi on September 11, did not. The only Marines present at the embassy were tasked with protecting classified information, not the ambassador.
Ryan also went further and questioned why the Obama administration has been so reticent to discuss the fact the attacks in Benghazi were actually terror attacks staged by an Al Qaeda operative.
This serves to illustrate that the Obama administration is being neither honest nor wise in dealing with these threats posed by Islamic extremists. As to motive, this is difficult to guess, but it's costing American lives, and Obama's administration appears well-prepared to lie about it on national television.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Biden, Libya, Benghazi, attacks, terrorist, Al Qaeda
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Food stamps hang in the balance as lawmakers debate cost
- News to ruin your morning: IRS official who targeted conservatives for audit now oversees your Obamacare compliance
- Culture of Corruption, Obama pays Sarah Ingram extra for her harassment of conservatives
- Culture of Corruption: Why Obama's misuse of Marines is wrong
- Rubio: Obama's intimidation of tea party groups 'not in isolation'
- Editorial: Is the Scandal Ridden Obama Administration Becoming a House of Cards?
- Obama asks for more money, Marines to protect embassies
- President stands ground against Republican critics
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?