Romney camp raises $100 million in June for campaign
The amount is the largest ever for one month for a Republican candidate
The Romney campaign raised more than $100 million in June, setting the
record for the largest one-month amount ever raised for a Republican
presidential candidate. It has already "blown away" the Romney's
With anger growing in GOP circles over the recent Supreme Court decision on Obama care, the Romney fundraising - which continues to outperform Obama - is expected to increase.
To date, the Romney campaign outraised Obama in May, taking in $77 million, compared with the $60 million for the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
Romney supporters say that much of the donations made in June came from new donors, with states from coast to coast out-performing their targets. New York in particular was generous to the Romney campaign, and Colorado, Michigan, New Jersey and Ohio all exceeded everyone's wildest expectations.
With anger growing in GOP circles over the recent Supreme Court decision on Obama care, the fundraising - which continues to outperform Obama - is expected to increase.
"There is no doubt that Romney is dramatically outpacing both Obama and expectations," GOP strategist Steve Simmons told Capitol Hill Blue. "He's doing better in the polls and he's beating Obama in fundraising."
Republican strategists feel the Supreme Court decision will break for Romney and energize a base that has - to date - been lukewarm to the nominee.
The Obama campaign is not taking this lying down.
"Mitt Romney is trying to distract from a week when he took contradictory positions on the freeloader penalty in the Affordable Care Act and we learned more about his offshored finances in Switzerland, Bermuda, and the Cayman Islands," Ben LaBolt, Obama campaign national press secretary said in regards to Romney's $100-million month.
"Americans are less concerned about how much money he raised to get himself elected and more interested in what he would do after repealing health reform, which he has refused to share, and why he won't disclose the necessary tax returns that prove whether or not he paid any U.S. taxes on his shell corporation in Bermuda."
© 2012, Catholic Online. Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Mitt Romney, cmpaign, record breaking, Barack Obama, Obamacare
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Politics & Policy News
- 'Journalism has been criminalized' Juan Williams declares
- Special Report from the Virginia Republican Nominating Convention: A Time To Choose - Life
- Lois Learner pleads the 5th. Was she the crook behind it or was she following orders from higher up?
- Sick of deception! Democrat threatens IRS with appointment of special prosecutor
- FOURTH OBAMA SCANDAL: Did HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicit funds for nonprofit group?
- Carney still insists nobody told Obama about IRS investigation
- State Department insider warns more whistle-blowers to come on Benghazi scandal
- Hillary better be prepared, House Oversight and Government Reform chairman Darrell Issa says
- E.W. Jackson Wins Nomination as Republican Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?