BREAKING: Vidal Sassoon dies
Legendary stylist died at Bel Air home.
Legendary hair stylist, Vidal Sassoon has passed away after a long illness. The nature of his illness has not been disclosed, but it is known that he fought a long battle with leukemia. The 84 year-old stylist reportedly died at his Bel Air estate.
Legendary hair stylist, Vidal Sassoon.
Sassoon broke away from tradition by tailoring his haircuts to the women as opposed to the hats they wore. He once explained, "When I first came into hair, women were coming in and you'd place a hat on their hair and you'd dress their hair around it," Sassoon said. "We learned to put discipline in the haircuts by using actual geometry, actual architectural shapes and bone structure. The cut had to be perfect and layered beautifully, so that when a woman shook it, it just fell back in."
By the mid 1970's, Sassoon had moved to New York and was enjoying success as a hair stylist. He soon developed a variety of hair care products and by the 80's his name was synonymous with high fashion.
Sassoon was married four times throughout his life.
The legendary stylist was diagnosed with leukemia in 2009. It is unclear if his passing was directly related to the illness. Doctors for Sassoon are expected to make further announcements as information becomes available.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Vidal Sassoon, hair care, stylist, leukemia, Bel Air
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Celebrity News
- Has Justin Bieber's 'bad boy' stance gone too far? Pot smelled on tour bus
- Comedian Jonathan Winters dies at 87
- Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies from multiple sclerosis
- Actor who played Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon, Richard Griffiths dies
- Porno star who embraced Christianity later in life dies
- 'One Day at a Time' actress Bonnie Franklin dies
- Cowboy actor Dale Robertson dies at the age of 89
- Popular British romance novelist 'Jessica Blair' proven to be an 89-year-old man
- Conrad Bain of TV's 'Diff''rent Strokes' dies at 89
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?